Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass Bows
Rehair's done on Wednesdays: Prime hair available in
White and Light Brown for Double Bass
- Student violin bows: Violin bows hand selected by Master Bow Maker Steven Reiley. Pernambuco bows made in Brazil. Prices ranging from $350 to $1,500. Brazilwood bows made in China and Germany. Also CodaBow, JonPaul. Octagonal stick.
- Branded G. A. Pfretzschner. Octagonal stick. Ebony and gold mountings. The button has mother-of-pearl inlays. 63 grams.
- Branded W. E. Hill & Sons. Round stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Made c. 1940s-50s. According to the markings, made by William Retford. 57.5 grams.
- Branded Albert Nurnberger. Octagonal stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Made c. 1900-1920s. 60.5 grams.
- Branded Wolfgang Storbach.
- Branded M. Francisco. Round stick. Silver and buffalo horn mountings. 62.5 grams.
- Unbranded German. Octagonal stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Made c. 1900-1920s. 63 grams.
- Branded August Nurnberger. Made c. 1920s-30s
- Malcolm Taylor. Mounted in ebony and gold. Celebration bow in honor of the wedding of Prince Charles to the late Princess Diana.
- Charles Peccatte. Beautifully mounted in silver with an ebony frog, featuring original mulitcolored tinsel thread winding, this bow is from Peccatte's later period. It bears the maker's brand, "Peccatte," and has a round shaft. The stick is of slightly shorter length, lending the bow a tightly controlled power. The tone is warm and lively, and the stick responds quickly to the most subtle of direction. This bow is capable of both an energetic, fiery forte and a sweet, lyrical pianissimo. 61 grams.
- Tourte model viola bow made by Steven Reiley. Round stick. Ebony and silver mountings. 70.5 grams.
- made by Steven Reiley. tortoise shell and gold mountings, almost plays its self!!!
- Branded Conrad Gotz. 3-star. Octagonal stick. Ebony and tortoise shell mountings. 68.5 grams.
- Branded E. Guasti. Octagonal stick. Ebony frog. Nickel silver and buffalo horn mountings. Button of ebony with mother-of-pearl inlays and two nickel silver rings. Made in Brazil. 73 grams.
- Branded H. Cirilo. Round stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Made in Brazil. 70.5 grams.
- Branded Steven Reiley, Guarneri Violin Shop. Round stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Tubbs model. 70.5 grams.
- Branded Guasti & Bottoni. Round stick. Ebony and silver mountings. Made in Brazil. 72 grams.
List to come, still under constructio
2003 AND 2005 INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF BASSISTS
"CONVENTION FAVORITE" DOUBLE BASS BOWS MADE BY STEVEN REILEY
French-style Bass Bows. Bass bows hand selected by Master Bow Maker Steven Reiley. Pernambuco bows made in Brazil. Also CodaBow and Arocs Brasil carbon fiber bows
- Branded Berndt Dolling, Made in Germany. The octagonal stick is of dark red-brown pernambuco. The headplate is of ivory. The frog is of ebony mounted with silver and has a mother-of-pearl eye encircled with silver. The button is of ebony and has two silver rings. 144 grams.
- Two bows made by Siegfried Finkel
- Samuel Kolstein
- Bows made by Marcel LaPierre
- Branded A. Carvalho
- Branded Gotz
- Adolf Schuster
German-style Bass Bows. Bass bows hand selected by Master Bow Maker Steven Reiley. Pernambuco bows made in Brazil. Also CodaBow and Arocs Brasil carbon fiber bows.
- Steven Reiley, mounted in ebony and silver. .
- Branded Fornagiari
- Rodney Mohr
- Branded A. Cavalho
- Branded Gourley.
- D. Muniz
221 John St. N.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Ph. 616 451-4960 Fax: 616 451-9556
Steven Reiley e-mail: email@example.com
HOURS: Tuesday - Friday 10:00 to 5:30
Saturday 10:00 to 2:00
Sunday and Monday closed